GONE - JOLAHSTHOUGHTS

Gone

One touch told me all,

Cold as she had never been,

Closed like I have never seen.

"Titi! Why?"

I shook her with all the strength in me,

Years flowed from my eyes.

My feet refused to move,

My heart refused to stop.

Six feet under she lay,

Lifeless according to man,

Alive according to life's mysteries,

The wooden walls closed in on her.

"Take me with her!"

The floor met with the wooden walls,

She was out of sight.

Red liquid coursed through me,

Refusing to stop, run out, become extinct.

Liquid from my eyes ceased.

Desire to take a journey through the ticking clock,

Travel back to the time when she was always there, 

Diminished as the clock ticked.

"Titi, mum called me."

The broom I held sent the dirt on her new home away.

©jolahsthoughts

Comments